At Moriarty’s Gem Art in Crown Point, Indiana, we have two full time Gemologists on staff to complete any jewelry, Diamond or gemstone appraisal you need. No matter if it’s an estate piece or a new modern platinum engagement ring, together we have over 30 years experience in jewelry appraisals.
Why Is It Important to Get a Jewelry Appraisal?
The most important factor is protecting your initial investment in the piece of jewelry, Diamond or Gemstone. You need an accurate jewelry appraisal for many reasons including:
- In case of fire (for your insurance company)
- In case of theft (for your insurance company)
- Learn about the current market value of your items
- Determine the authenticity of your jewelry
- Metal prices, Diamonds and gemstone prices fluctuate. Your appraisal may be outdated.
Each piece of jewelry, Diamonds or Gemstones will be weighed, measured, and described in detail.
- Gemstones will be identified, graded, measured, and their weights calculated
- Metal content will be determined
- Colored gemstones certificates will be done for colored stones when appropriate
- Your appraisal will have enlarged color photos of the items
- Your appraisal will explain the grading systems used
- An explanation of the definition of value will be included, along with the instructions for the appropriate use of the appraisal document
Alice Reynolds is a graduate gemologist from GIA, which is the Gemological Institute of America. She is in charge of the appraisals customers request and on all the jewelry sold in our store and online.
Not only is Steve Moriarty the owner of Moriarty’s Gem Art, but he also been doing jewelry appraisals for over 20 years.
How to Get an Appraisal
At Moriarty’s Gem Art, we make it very easy to get an appraisal. You can get an appraisal in two ways:
- Call us at 1-800-348-4499 and schedule an appointment
- Come into our store (we take walk-ins all the time!)